These terms and conditions apply to the Hackathon4Good AI (“Activity”) hosted by Vienna Center for Logic and Algorithms (VCLA) of the Vienna University of Technology. The purpose of the Activity is to encourage and reward participants who take part in the Hackathon in teams (“Team”) to create solutions based on the programming task and taking into account one of the three challenges related to the sustainable management of resources. Participation in the Hackathon is subject to the following conditions. A violation of these conditions as well as disturbance or manipulation attempts of the hackathon course will result in exclusion from the hackathon.
- Participation in the Activity is open to Teams. Each Team is limited to a minimum of 2 persons and a maximum of 20 persons.
- All team members must be between 14 and 17 years old.
- All team members must be a pupil of a school located in one of the #DigiEduHack participating countries.
b) Rules for submission of solution and VCLA´s right to use
- The Team will develop a program in Scratch (project).
- The submitted projects should take up one of the three themes (transport, Shopping, Waste) and deal with it in a creative way.
- The Scratch project as well as supporting documentation must be presented and submitted in English language.
- Offensive, discriminatory and inhuman content as well as violations and/or violations of applicable law or the rights of third parties are prohibited.
- The submission of the solution is only possible with a submission of the form to be found at: https://www.ada.wien/index.php/2019/10/01/submission-of-solution/
- In order to be eligible for participation the in Hackathon 4 Good AI, the solution needs to be submitted by October 4, 2019 by 23:59 CET.
- In order to be considered, solutions must not violate the conditions of participation, applicable law or the rights of third parties. VCLA also reserves the right to exclude solutions from the Hackathon that do not comply with the rules of good taste or morality. VCLA is not obliged to give reasons for exclusion. In the event that an entry violates any applicable law or violates the rights of a third party, the participant indemnifies VCLA from any resulting liability to a third party and agrees to compensate VCLA for all damages resulting therefrom.
- By submitting the solution to the Hackathon 4 Good AI, the team allows the usage of the Scratch project and information associated with it under CC BY 4.0. open access license of Hackathon4Good_TeamName_VCLA_TU_Wien.
c) Judging and awards
- The award-winning projects will be selected by the jury. The votes of the jury are not public. The decisions of the VCLA and the jury in the selection process are final and cannot be appealed by legal action.
- The following criteria will be used to judge Entries: (a) Scope of the challenges, (b) user experience, (c) construction of the dialogue (d) background research on the topic of sustainability of resources. However, all decisions related to judging of Solutionss are at the sole discretion of the jury and are final and binding.
- The team whose Solution is judged in first place will receive EUR 300 prize money.
- The two teams whose Solution is judged as runner up will receive EUR 150 prize money.
- VCLA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award additional prizes or to vary the prizes. The organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award all, some, or none of the prizes.
- Payment of any prize money awarded will be made to the team lead, after receiving the personal identification documents demonstrating the eligibility of the age, and domicile (DigiEduHack member country), to the bank details as advised by the team leader. VCLA has no responsibility for how prize money or other prizes are distributed between the team members nor for any disagreements between them.
- In cases when participants are younger than 16, the parental consent for managing the personal data will be collected.
- VCLA reserves the right to cancel or postpone the Activity for any reason without liability, for example due to circumstances outside VCLA’s control.
- Without prejudice to any other right or remedy of VCLA, the team may be excluded from the Activity or from receiving any prizes or have an awarded prize cancelled if the team fails to comply with these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions constitute the whole agreement and understanding between VCLA and the Team relating to the Activity.
- The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects of these terms and conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them and/or the Event shall be governed by the Austrian law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court in Vienna.